How to apply
Rate and term
Comparison rate: 8.90% p.a
Repay the loan on your schedule
Pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly over the life of the loan.
A fixed rate for more control
Having a fixed rate and length of the loan means you know exactly what your repayments will be.
Make extra contributions
Pay off the loan whenever it suits you. No additional fees apply.
Fast tracked loan approval
If you’re eligible, you could have a loan approved in as little as 48 hours.
1. Choose an amount you might want to borrow, up to $40,000
2. Add the interest rate (8.9%)
3. Add loan duration, up to 84 months (7 years)
How to apply
Who can apply
- You must be over 18 years old
- You must be an Australian resident
What you need
- Driver’s licence or proof of identity (if new member)
- Your last 2 payslips and other income
- Proof of your chosen security
- Latest home loan bank statement
Apply online in minutes
You’ll be notified by email when your application is successful. Access to APS online will then be available to you.
Managing your loan
Use the APS member login to access your loan, make repayments and track your repayment history.
What security is required?
Real estate or a car in your name equal to or greater value than the amount of your secured loan
What is security?
Security acts as a guarantee that a loan will be repaid in full and can be forfeited to repay a loan.
We’re here to help
Write to us
1300 131 809
9:00am to 5:00pm
440 William Street, West Melbourne VIC 3003, Australia
Do I need to be a property owner?
You must own a property and have equity within that property. Alternatively, you must have an asset that can be lodged on the personal property security register (PPSR)
Are there application fees or similar charges?
There is no application fee. There is a fee for the lodging and removal of a caveat, where applicable.
Can I top-up or redraw my secured personal loan?
No. A secured personal loan cannot be topped up or redrawn from for any reason.
What purposes will the secured personal loan be approved for?
These loans will generally be approved for any purpose.
Will these loans be secured or unsecured?
All loans will be secured. We will request an authority to place a caveat on your property (if required) or we will register our interests on the PPSR.
How long will it take to obtain approval of a secured personal loan?
If all the documentation is received with the loan application, the loan could be approved within 48 hours and funded immediately after the signed documents are returned. This can vary however, if
additional documentation is required.
How can I repay this loan?
Loan repayments must be made by either allotment from the member’s salary or direct debit from their bank account. Repayments from a bank account may
be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Are there any penalties for early repayments?
No. You can make extra repayments and repay the loan at any time without paying any fees.
If I am self-employed, am I eligible?
Yes; however we would generally require that you have been self-employed for over two years and will need to supply an ABN and taxation returns for the preceding two financial years.
My partner is also a member. Can we each apply for a $40,000 loan?
Yes. Both loans must be secured and both applicants must demonstrate their ability to comfortably meet all the repayments.
I already have a loan. Can I apply for a secured personal loan?
Terms, conditions, fees, charges and lending criteria apply and are available on application. The information above is general advice only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider if it appropriate for you.
1. Comparison rate calculation is based on a secured loan of $10,000 for a term of 3 years with fortnightly repayments unless otherwise stated. WARNING: The Comparison Rate applies only to the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees (top up fees), dishonour fees and cost savings such as fee waivers are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.